Mar 28, 2018
In this first episode, I want to begin laying the foundation for
you to create your very best personal and relationship boundaries.
So many people are either uninformed or misinformed about
boundaries, and I want you to have all the information you need to
help you feel more confident about how boundaries work.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #1:
- If you’re feeling clueless about how personal and relationship
boundaries work, or you think they’re selfish, rigid, or bitchy,
you’re in the right place! Setting boundaries is the key to getting
both the space you need and the connection you crave.
- Boundaries are anything that defines space between one thing or
another. Doors, lines between lanes on a highway, or stop signs and
lights are all examples of boundaries we encounter in our daily
- In relationships, boundaries are about creating
protection—either for you or for others. If you don’t feel safe
personally or in relationships, you can’t progress to higher level
needs like affection, love, and self-actualization.
- When you start setting boundaries, be prepared for resistance
and pushback. That means you’re on the right track!
- Results you can expect from better boundaries, and why
boundaries are absolutely not bitchy.
In today’s episode I want to begin laying the foundation for you
to create your very best personal and relationship boundaries. So
many people are either uninformed or misinformed about boundaries,
and I want you to have all the information you need to help you
feel more confident about how boundaries work.
Highlights from Episode #1:
- Welcome, and what you can expect from this and future episodes.
The first 4-6 episodes will be devoted to the fundamentals of
effective boundary work. [00:40]
- Intro to Vicki, how she got here, and why she’s so passionate
about teaching boundaries. [01:52]
- Boundaries defined. [06:22]
- What are personal and relationship boundaries, and how they
create safety. [09:05]
- How people in your life may react when you start setting—or
- Benefits of learning better boundaries. [20:30]
and misconceptions about boundaries. [23:50]
- Boundaries aren’t a punishment, or telling another person what
to do. [26:01]
- Preview of upcoming episodes. [32:35]
Links and Resources:
Vicki Tidwell Palmer
Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
hierarchy of needs
Essentialism by Greg