Mar 28, 2018
Today I dive deeper into defining boundaries so that you
can understand the different types and how they function. One of
the most important concepts in this episode is that physical and
sexual boundaries are non-negotiable—meaning a “no” to physical or
sexual touch is not negotiable.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #2:
- Boundaries give you a sense of safety, create clarity, and help
you make important improvements in your life as you set
- Good boundary-setting skills give you the ability to act from a
place of authentic personal power rather than having power over.
Authentic personal power means you act from a place of integrity,
respect, and taking action over what you have power over.
- The five boundaries are: physical, sexual, talking, listening,
and the personal energy boundary.
- The two functions of boundaries are to protect you and others,
and to define who you are through how you choose to share yourself
with others physically, sexually, intellectually, and
In today’s episode I dive deeper into defining boundaries so
that you can understand the different types and how they function.
One of the most important concepts in this episode is that physical
and sexual boundaries are non-negotiable—meaning a “no” to physical
or sexual touch is not negotiable.
Highlights from Episode #2:
- How boundaries provides clarity. [03:03]
- What good boundaries can do for you. [06:46]
- How boundaries also give you the ability to know where you
stand in important relationships. [12:15]
- How boundaries give you the ability to define who you are and
express your authentic self. [16:48]
- The two functions of boundaries. [17:19]
- Overview of the five boundaries. [20:02]
- Physical and sexual boundaries are non-negotiable personal
Links and Resources:
Vicki Tidwell Palmer
Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
Facing Codependence by Pia Mellody
Facing Love Addiction by Pia Mellody
The Intimacy Factor by Pia Mellody