Dec 12, 2018
As with every first episode of the month, this one is dedicated
to the topic of women and boundaries. But men, that doesn’t mean
you should stop listening! This information will help men have a
greater understanding of women’s experiences of safety, sensuality,
and sexuality, which can lead to deeper connection with the
important women in your life.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #38:
- There’s a missing link between a woman’s experience of safety
and her sexuality, or between the experience of safety and her
sexual connection with a partner, and that missing link is
- A woman’s connection to her sensuality is vital to both her
sense of safety and to how she feels about being sexual with a
partner. When your senses are satisfied or happy, you feel calmer
- Once you’re aware of the relationship between safety and
sensuality, you can use your experience of your own senses as a
learning laboratory to increase your feelings of sexual safety and
expand your awareness of yourself as a sensual being.
- As you move into more awareness of your body, you’ll begin to
identify what’s more pleasing to you. This includes not only
sensations of being touched (by yourself or another person), but
also your body posture and movement.
Highlights from Episode #38:
- We hear about the subject of today’s episode, which is
dedicated to the topic of women and boundaries. [00:47]
- Vicki discusses the missing link between a woman’s sense of
safety and her sexuality. [01:59]
- We learn some definitions of words relevant to today’s subject,
including the important difference between sensuous and sensual.
- How is sensuality related to boundaries, including non-sexual
- Vicki takes a moment to explain the purpose of what she’s been
talking about. [10:46]
- What do you do with the awareness of the relationship between
safety and sensuality? Vicki offers ideas for each of the five
- Vicki points out that the sense of touch includes the direct
experience of being physically touched, and recommends a
body-mapping exercise. [23:14]
- We hear about an experience that Vicki had around 20 years ago,
and how it relates to what she’s been talking about. [26:48]
- Vicki recaps what she’s talked about in today’s episode.
Links and Resources: